- A message from the instructors
- Before we begin...
- Power BI Desktop
- Course files download
- Starting with CSV
- Sidebar: Power Query interface
- Sprinkle in some web content
- Data from a database
- Sidebar: Import vs. DirectQuery/Live Connection
- Getting Data: Test your learning
- Basic Power Query operations
- Adding a column
- Refresh Date/Time
- Not so basic Power Query items
- Parameters and applying data
- Transforming data: Test your learning
- Data model basics
- Introduction to relationships
- Bi-directional Relationships
- Hiding elements
- Categories and default summarization
- Introduction to DAX
- Prepare your model: Test your learning
- Date/Calendar table
- Auto Date/Time and Relationships
- Working with time: Test your learning
- What's a measure? And, why you use them.
- Bi-Direction relationships and CROSSFILTER()
- Additional formatting
- How to handle multiple dates
- DAX Resources
- Working with measures: Test your learning
- Base visualizations and custom visuals
- Building your overview page
- Spicing things up with backgrounds and layouts
- Ask a question of your data
- Visualizing the data: Test your learning
- Themes and next level backgrounds
- Using drillthrough in your reports
- Make tooltips exciting!
- Selections, bookmarks and buttons. Oh my!
- Next level visualization: Test your learning
- Signing up and signing in
- Sidebar: Browser search engine hacks
- Getting around the service
- All about workspaces
- Creating and using dashboards (not reports)
- Publishing and using Apps
- Refreshing your data with and without a gateway
- Power BI Service: Test your learning
- Row-level security
- Congrats! Here's what's next...
- More resources for you
- Before you go...
Adam Saxton Patrick LeBlanc
How is this different from Dashboard in a day?
Dashboard in a day is a great initial intro to Power BI, but it is limited to a 4 hour block. In our Power BI Blueprint, we walk you through Power BI, beginning to end. We go deeper into those items than what Dashboard in a day allows for. We also add in tips and tricks we've learned over time.
Is this a live broadcast of an in-person training?
No. This is an on-demand, self-paced, online training.